Thursday, September 1, 2011

This is what my life has come to?

It's official, "I'm old!"
My son got hit on his brand new bike last week, trying to cross the street in front of his school. He's ok but probably wishes it never happened. Not because of the accident but because I have become the "Safety Patrol Crossing Guard!"
OH Ya- You know the look. Bright yellow safety vest, Big STOP sign and tomorrow I get the official Whistle.
I keep telling everyone, It's not a career choice... just doing my volunteer duty, until they find someone who wants the job. Which my son hopes will be real soon!
It's been kind of fun actually, a bit dangerous, but fun.
The cars (or drivers I should say) are crazy out there... I'm thinking maybe a little "moon walk" or some robot moves might get their attention.
I don't know what the kids think, but they try not to make any eye contact with me, in hopes that I won't talk to them.
I have made it my personal goal to get everyone of them to say hello and they are starting to crack...
Yesterday was crazy tube sock day, so I did the official voting as they walked by.
One of the kids won a great big stick on Mustache as an award for the best socks and he wore it today.
I asked him if I could borrow it.
I'm thinking I might wear it with my sons Mall Cop Halloween Costume...
With me in my "Blart" getup directing traffic, I am sure the Principal will get my replacement, real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment